Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best small size cars?
Could you tell me please what are the best small size second hand cars I can look at buying for everyday use in Brisbane?

For example: Honda civic is the one in the US.

Thanks,
Jumber

Should be in the auto section...

Anywayz, by best what's your most important criteria - asthetics, price, efficiency, 'grunt'?
-Driven by Precision-

Jumber Wrote:Could you tell me please what are the best small size second hand cars I can look at buying for everyday use in Brisbane?

For example: Honda civic is the one in the US.

Thanks,
Jumber

This question should be posted in the Auto section....

Every day second hand car... Nissan Sunny...

Which will crumple even at the sight of the massive 4x4's charging around here. Small car? On these roads? No thanks!

But please avoid buying privately if you can, there are so many dodgy people around, even some of the car dealers have terrible reputations.

Having said that the best small cars I'd seen are:

Toyota - XA - really nice, well built, holds it's value, cheap parts, can't go wrong.

The Jazz, can't remember the make, but a little more boxy than the XA.

Mazda 3's are about the smallest of them you'll get here.

The Getz is a pretty good little car.

Echo's, Sunny's, awful horrid cars they're just nasty.

Ditto to Chocco. Small cars with no guts would not be my first choice, especially on these roads.

Toyotas (in general) are a cheap, efficient and reliable car. Would look past the XA and echo - XA built on echo platform. Corolla would be the bottom of the line.

Jazz and Civic are complocalle from the Honda line up.

Mazda looks ok but well... its a mazda, so unless its a rotary its not worth the time.

Hyundai? enough said...

Sunny? I would say the least desireable in the 2nd hand market.

[Flame suit on] Perception amongst expats - "Nothing says Indian like a Sunny" [Flame suit off]
-Driven by Precision-

Hahahaha yeah so true.

The XA is Toyota's replacement for the Echo, about time, I hate those cars.

I rented a Mits Lancer for the first couple months i was here, it was great, i don't think I'd ever buy one but it was a great rental and if you get a manual they are fairly peppy (well complocally anyway Wink

jacky Wrote:I rented a Mits Lancer for the first couple months i was here, it was great, i don't think I'd ever buy one but it was a great rental and if you get a manual they are fairly peppy (well complocally anyway Wink

As peppy as a turtle on sleeping pills... 8)

Hahahahahahahahahahah, nice one Brisbane.

Do not get a Lancer 1.3, even manual, they are complete pants!

How about a Pug 206 or a 307?

I like the Peugeots...

Pug 206 GTi - nice little get around.
-Driven by Precision-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. cars , Muscle Cars and Modded cars for new Brisbane Tra Stylinexpat 1 10,692 11-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Stylinexpat