Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I am new to this forum...I hope to move to Brisbane in 2 years...I am trying to find out everythng I can about it and I would like to make some friends!
Thanks y'all! Big Grin

L_pevensie Wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum...I hope to move to Brisbane in 2 years...I am trying to find out everythng I can about it and I would like to make some friends!
Thanks y'all! Big Grin

well what's teh reason u want to move in?

good question lol

ok here is the low down
my husband is going to be a repistory therpist, when he graduates we would like to move to brisbane--great opportunity. In one year we can come back to the states and look at buying a house. Big Grin ...and I would like to be somewhere besides the US... Big Grin

welcome aboard Big Grin

Welcome in Brisbane.

And we are here for any support you need.

Good Luck

hi everyone...am a newbie here..ive found out about BrisbaneForums.com through an officemate of mine and next year am planning to go to Brisbane..i hope i could meet new friends here so that by the time im in Brisbane already i will meet them personally and i will not ge homesicked..thanx... Big Grin

welcome

Welcome aboard,

Cheers,

Jerry

L_pevensie Wrote:good question lol

ok here is the low down
my husband is going to be a repistory therpist, when he graduates we would like to move to brisbane--great opportunity. In one year we can come back to the states and look at buying a house. Big Grin ...and I would like to be somewhere besides the US... Big Grin

Not to put a dampener on ya dreams, but with the cost of living here, you may just be very, very lucky.
294bhp of sheer V6 Jap pleasure.

Totally agree with yorky,
Currently it is a matter of choice, even to live an average life and save pennies, or live a very tight life (somehow misrable) and go home with alot of money. it is a matter of choice.

I totally disagree with yorky,
Some people come here, have amazing amount of money (at least to myself) with a salary of 30k+ and they life a very nice average life and go home with big bucks. It all depends on how much you get and which level of life you are planning to live.

It is very tempting here, i've been here for around 2 months and still can't decide on a car, i wish to get a porsche and but then i'll be not saving a penny, but what the heck..... still deciding.

cutieara, L_pevensie,
good to start meeting ppl in advance as it is (at least for me) not easy here.

But all the info you are gathering, espcially the prices will not be relevant when you come as it is very dynamic market here and things might go up or down. but still it is good to start gather info and get a feel of how it is here
Good luck all