Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me understand...
Hi All,

I am moving to Brisbane from UK soon...I got couple of questions for if someone can answer:

1. All my life I have driven cars with steerings on right habd side. I am worried that I won't be able to handle the car well with steering on left hand side...Is it possible and allowed to have cars with right hand steerings in Brisbane?

2. Any one using heavy bikes in Brisbane? Is it allowed?

Thanks,

iceman Wrote:Hi All,

I am moving to Brisbane from UK soon...I got couple of questions for if someone can answer:

1. All my life I have driven cars with steerings on right habd side. I am worried that I won't be able to handle the car well with steering on left hand side...Is it possible and allowed to have cars with right hand steerings in Brisbane?

2. Any one using heavy bikes in Brisbane? Is it allowed?

Thanks,

1) You cannot register a right hand drive car in Brisbane

2) What do you mean by a "heavy bike"? I mean motorcycles are allowed in Brisbane of course, but you drive at your own risk since people here are insane. Helmuts are mandatory.

Thanks Brisbane,

I guess its gonna be big test for me drive on the WRONG side of the road and with the WRONG sided steering.

Well I also fancy riding a sports motor bike...something like in super bikes or may be in Top Gun. I am not sure if many people do ride bikes like these in Brisbane...probably not due to high temprature?

Cheers... Big Grin

1.yes you can register a right hand drive car in brisbane .. but the car will only be registerd for one year not more ...

2.. all kinds of bikes are allowed.. but you dont get any insurance on bikes in this country .. so if u fuck up an mess ur bike up .. u gots to repair it on ur own. dats if u still alive though
Big Tic J

iceman Wrote:Thanks Brisbane,

I guess its gonna be big test for me drive on the WRONG side of the road and with the WRONG sided steering.

A lot of others have managed to adapt, I'm sure u'll be fine.
-Driven by Precision-

Cheers mate :wink:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me understand... iceman 1 9,755 12-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Last Post: iceman