Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakers?
Just wondering if anyone has come across good breakers? I'm interested in getting good used performance parts. Like M5, M3 engines, Superchargers, Wheels, racing seats, etc.

You can find some small parts here and there in Kedron, but we are talking about steering wheels, seats, sound system and so on.

Be warned, once you change an engine component, such as turbocharger, super charger, fuel, and so on, you WILL blow the engine sooner or later.

You must get a wideband O2 sensor and a piggyback/fuel controller or even an engine standalone to adjust the air/fuel ratio and timing.

So far, i don't know anyone here in this country who do this, they just sell kits that come with proper chips/computers to set you straight, thing is, those are expensive, we are talking $7,000+
D.S.P....Where New York Meets Brisbane

Mind you he's also talking about engine conversions... even deeper in the modding realm.
-Driven by Precision-

BFG-9000 Wrote:Mind you he's also talking about engine conversions... even deeper in the modding realm.

Right, fitting a fuel injection engine into another wouldn't work, the DME's/CPU's would not be compatable (in some cases), then come the sensors, wiring etc.......
D.S.P....Where New York Meets Brisbane

Well, considering he's after an M3/M5 engine its safe to say it'd be going into a beemer, which have been efi for quite some time.

That said one would have to question the feasibility and availability of one. With the sort of $$$ he's looking at he'd probably be better, easier and safer off to rebuild his stock engine to handle forced induction and S/C or T/C for some fun.
-Driven by Precision-

BFG-9000 Wrote:Well, considering he's after an M3/M5 engine its safe to say it'd be going into a beemer, which have been efi for quite some time.

That said one would have to question the feasibility and availability of one. With the sort of $$$ he's looking at he'd probably be better, easier and safer off to rebuild his stock engine to handle forced induction and S/C or T/C for some fun.

Actually, I wasn't exactly looking for an M3 engine for myself. Considering the amount of exotic cars in Brisbane, I was merely asking if anyone knows of any interesting breakers around that has in stock high performance used parts. I have lots of friends who are into cars and some would love to have an M3 in their 320i.

Due to the taxation of cars here base of the engine capacity, many cars in Singapore has small capacity engines. Commonly found are 320s, or the merc e200 etc. Anything more than 2.5litres, the tax structure rockets sky high.

As for me, I poersonnaly would love to find a damaged 156GTA. Can savage the seats, brakes, maybe even the wider body panels for my 156SW. Smile