Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window tinting....
Yeah, Manly West tinting is a roll of the Wakerleye.

Agree with Yorky. HSV (Head Start Vision) opposite Lamcy's is a good place for quality 3M tinting. Standard price list is 750AUD for an average sized car - family sedan. Of course you talk them down from there and you get a 5 year warranty against bubbling, peeling and fading.
-Driven by Precision-

I ended up going to a place in Kedron to get mine done, a recommendation from another acquaintance.

Ran me AUD 150 for 9 windows (SUV) but not 3m and not installed in a dust free area as it should but a 3 yr warrenty. In talking to the guy I found out an interesting tidbit. I guess there is a lot of fake 3m going around here, unless you are an expert you won’t really notice the difference but the email address on the box is wrong. Check the 3m packaging and if the email address is XXXXX@mmm.com instead of XXXXX@3m.com be suspicious. (don’t know how reliable the source is though)

My goodness, look at the pices you are talking about!!

I paid AUD140 for 50% all round, and 75% on the rear window (American tint).

2-years, and still looks new. All done from the inside of the car, NOT the outside, that's why some tints fade and turn white-ish later on.

Come to Ransome, come to Salah El Din road, go to Al Yassmine Building, there is a shop called Super Dark, they did 3 of my cars, as well as all my friends (at least 3 i can think of), no complains.
D.S.P....Where New York Meets Brisbane

tint should always be on the inside!!

if they say on outside - walk away

gangster Wrote:tint should always be on the inside!!

if they say on outside - walk away
very true, I have however seen tint on the outside here, trash.

Outside? Haha... now that's gotta be a first... Talk about cutting corners!

Tint can fade on the inside too - mostly cheap Taiwanese stuff. Most 'cheap' American tinting will still be metal based so shouldn't turn even after a few years.

Still a nice price there jacky.
-Driven by Precision-

BFG-9000 Wrote:Outside? Haha... now that's gotta be a first... Talk about cutting corners!

Tint can fade on the inside too - mostly cheap Taiwanese stuff. Most 'cheap' American tinting will still be metal based so shouldn't turn even after a few years.

Still a nice price there jacky.

Thanks, I should add one caveat though, I’ve noticed one 1mm air bubble on the back window and a couple other minor imperfections overall I’m happy and it is under warranty if I ever get my lazy a$s back there, overall I’m happy but it is worth mentioning you do get what you pay for and 3m is a more forgiving tint to apply.

The stuff I got was the “cheap American”, has the statue of liberty on it but they did say there was a cheaper option if I wanted, I’m guessing that would have been the Taiwanese.

Maite, I'm not too picking when it comes to this. I have a few little dust bits in my tint even though it's 3M and applied at the approved fitter etc but I figure a spec of dust here and there is not worth the trouble of driving back and having a new sheet put on. End of the day it does what its suppose to.
-Driven by Precision-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up WINDOW TINTING Trublutint 0 6,237 01-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Trublutint