Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best and worst movie you recently watched....?
The worst movie i recently saw at the cinema was The Omen; it was over hyped but delivered much disappointment! The characters were boring and didnt really grab audience attention. The whole cinema kept laughing at scenes that were supposed to be scary Tongue We should have gone to see the more hyped up Da Vinci Code instead...!

The best film would have to be the animated movie cars, to my surprise i actually really enjoyed it. As it was my BF's choice of film for the night, i thought it was going to be a DUD. But surprisingly most people that saw it were adults, more so than kids even though its school hoildays ATM!! Big Grin

I watched both The Omen and Da-Vinci code.
I liked them. Omen was quite frightful and DaVinci code quite informative.

Didn't see cars though what is it about?
Brisbane, Oz

Used to think "the Long Ships" was worst of all time; but then, I'd read the book, which is fantastic.
I bought it as a cheap CD and sat with gritted teeth to watch again. Forget the book ever existed, I told myself.
At that, it's not a bad Viking romp.

But why is it necessary to givre the principal character a different name? give the kid brother the original hero's name? write a new plot entirely based on one minor episode in the book? have a bell no-one can find, but whose sound rings out over the sea? and, of course, sea conditions no sailor could believe?

I'm looking forward to the movie "Creation" -- God makes this garden, see, and He calls it Pellings' Nursery (for the sponsorship money) and he creates some humans, Fred and Joe and their wives Carol and margy. Then they start growing pot and smoking it, so they decide to write movie scripts, and they leave the garden and go to Hollywood, where they meet.......... (Much better than boring old Genesis, isn't it?)

Had a look at "300" today.
Some of it OK.
But the director was obsessed with monsters!
Making the Ephors, monstrous, Ephialtes grotesque; and as for the monsters conjured up for the Persians -- ridiculous!

Yet the fight choreography was good, and the fall of Leonidas splendid.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movies you watched this week Snype 29 71,558 10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Leon