Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brisbane Metro In the Making
Hi,

I am part of an overseas team building the much publicized Brisbane Metro (Red and Blue lines - 70km rail with 55 stations) and is planning to propose certain marketing strategies to the Brisbane Municipality (DM). I have a few questions to the people in Brisbane. Please help me!!!...... ;-)

1) Who do you think would be taking the Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in Brisbane? Tourists?

2) Do you have a Land and Transport authority in Brisbane? In other words, the authority in charge of protecting the Building codes, Factories Act, etc.. :-(

3) Are there any Ministry of Labour in Brisbane? This Ministry is in charge of labour laws, etc.. (obvious right?? haha)

4) Do contractors get Workman Compensation if he were to get injured while at work?

These are the questions at the moment. Need to pick up my wife now!!

Cheerio!!

i assume labourers would be using it and no, we don't have any type of workers comp, for labourers that is.
Samuel L. Jackson> you
www.thesahara.net/pulp_fiction.htm

Shavin Wrote:1) Who do you think would be taking the Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in Brisbane? Tourists?

Tourists and Residents...

Shavin Wrote:2) Do you have a Land and Transport authority in Brisbane? In other words, the authority in charge of protecting the Building codes, Factories Act, etc.. :-(

Yes its called Brisbane Muncipality; this is divided into various sub divisions..Land and Transport being one of them.

Shavin Wrote:3) Are there any Ministry of Labour in Brisbane? This Ministry is in charge of labour laws, etc.. (obvious right?? haha)

Yes, Ministry of Labor-- you have any idea how much development goes on in this country ??

Shavin Wrote:4) Do contractors get Workman Compensation if he were to get injured while at work?

ofcourse, all companies HAVE to issue insurance (workmen compensation) and show it when renewing their liscs every year.

hope this helps.

Victory - u think u r funny good...just dont give out wrong info...

thanx
cheers Al :)

Thanks man! Big Grin

*Anyway, does anyone know where I could get the latest info on the numbers of tourists in Brisbane in 2003 & 2004?

*Safety & Security:

Regarding safety & security in the proposed Brisbane Metro, would it be appreciated if staff were seen patrolling the viaducts and stations regularly?

*Education:

What is the educational system in Brisbane? Is it similar to the British standards, e.g. GCE 'O' level (13-16 yrs old), followed by 'A' levels (17-18 yrs old) or Diploma and then University, and so on and so forth....

If my proposed employment for a safety & security patrolling job (minimum GCE 'O' level), what would be his average monthly salary by?

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bette Davis Triple Bill - Sat 10 Oct @ Metro Arts (Brisbane) ablep 1 5,056 10-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Last Post: ablep
  Making friends in Brisbane Anonymous 8 13,088 04-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Anonymous
  Making friends in Brisbane Anonymous 1 4,229 04-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Anonymous