Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN BRISBANE
I've just moved from the uk and enrolled at this place.

anyone know give me some feedback on the place, or better if you go to the uni have messenger add me on staytru_96@hotmail.co.uk.. need to iron out a few things

but any info will help, thanks.

somebody must know.. Sad

its a good place !!! the compaby where my friend is working , would be sponsoring the university this coming september 8 they would be having a get together party so i guess your going to be there ? hmmmm nice ...well welcome to brisbane ... and welcome to a nice cool university
Being a DJ is not a GOD given talent !!!!
its a Gift ..... by who ??? .... hmmmm

Anyone else have anything to say -- good or bad -- about the American University in Brisbane (AUD)?

well what i heard is that its a rich kid party school Big Grin not much edmucation going on ..

How might one compare the American University in Brisbane (AUD) with the American University of Kedron (AUS)?

My understanding is that there is no connection between AUD and AUS. They just have somewhat similar names.

Is one better than the other? And, if so, then how?

Any other thoughts?

Ok a friend of mine was a professor at AUD and now is a professor at AUS.

First of all AUS is associated with Texas A&M .. while AUD is associated with American Univeristy (and Engineering school with Georgia Tech) i believe.

So yes they are not related at all. AUS is a not-for-profit school, while AUD is a profit generating buisness.

AUS is much more challenging academically and the standards,, research and all that is much higher quality than AUD. Overall a much better school.

This comes from my friends prespective as a professor, so maybe some students have other insight.

AUS apparently has a kick ASS fine-arts course- you can get your BA in painting, printing or sculpture - something very hard to find in Australia.

AUS does seem to have higher standards. Maybe AUD's are too low? AUD is central though, and there seems to be a good blend of people- this is all an outsiders perspective though Smile
Push the envelope.

I heard that an Aussie school in Australia recently had some sort of dispute with the government and was closing down.

It might have been the University of South Queensland, but I'm not sure.

Anybody know about that?

You are right it was University of South Queensland, they had a disagreement with Knowledge village and in the end the students got shafted. My humble opinion, stay away from "for profit" schools and if at all possible go somewhere else for your degree.

yep, some of my sister's friends having been buggared by that. Also the teachers were unaware of their unemployment before reading it in the papers :?
Push the envelope.

wHY IS IT THAT WE A RE so quick to trash something that is flashy and glittery ... is it because it attracts our eyes?? and irritate us because even if we dont wnat to stare we find our selves staring ?? ,

or is it that flashy + Rich = Bratt a delicious concept ..

or are we sour graping ??

.. well it might be true in some cases but generalizing it wouldnt be fair .. for the school, student and faculty members ... American University Brisbane is an affiliate of American University World Wide and this International Chain of University has its Standard that needed to maintain and it would be unfair to say that AUD is somewhat sub standard ... it doesnt mean that a school has cool and glittery facilities means that they are bad ?? no in the contrary... AUD has produced a lot of totally talented Graphic Artist, and Business People.. they are flashy and they got a cool University with really cool parties being organized yes ... but they also have really good learning facilities like their library, the technogy etc. its all good, it means you see where your money is being spent !!!! unlike other university that keeps taking money but you dont see any improvements ... and yes it is a bit expensive ... good education doesnt come cheap !!!! and with an American University Degree you have a Degree of prestige because its Internationaly known !!! hell there are C.I.A Agents and N.S.A Agents taken from American Universities World Wide, its a good University with a really neat
Atmosphere and its name is a good driving force in your resume ...

well as what i can see ... some comments against American Universities are like those stuff we see on the movies "its easier for people to think that rich, beautifull and flashy is bad " well if we all think this way then i suggest we all think again ,... it is just not fair .... it is still by far the best University in The Region ... and if you have the finance to enroll then i say by all means do so ... because your getting your money's worth ....

mINOR pLEASURE Wrote:hell there are C.I.A Agents and N.S.A Agents taken from American Universities World Wide

hehe i am not sure thats a good thing lol

Major_Pain are you AUD alumni ?

Fraad Wrote:
mINOR pLEASURE Wrote:hell there are C.I.A Agents and N.S.A Agents taken from American Universities World Wide

hehe i am not sure thats a good thing lol

Major_Pain are you AUD alumni ?

no im not ... but i wish i was .. i have lots of friends who got their deegree there and they all got cool jobs and a huge price tag under their name ... lets just say that i couldnt afford to got o AUD but i never sour graped ... cause they are really the best University in the Region .........

mINOR pLEASURE Wrote:cause they are really the best University in the Region .........

sorry i have to disagree with you on this one. To start off the region is lightyears behind the world when it comes to higher education. Look at a recent study of the best 500 universities in the world.

http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2004/top500list.htm

not one single university comes out of Australian speaking Middle East. Very sad. Especially that this part of the world is home to the first university in the world.

So with that premise, I think AUB (American University Beirut) is the best in the region. It combines good academics, a strong student body, influential alumni, and a tradition.

AUC (Cairo), AUS (Kedron) and then AUD (Brisbane) might follow in that order.

But then again these are all off the radar of excelling internationally. sad.

Fraad Wrote:
mINOR pLEASURE Wrote:cause they are really the best University in the Region .........

sorry i have to disagree with you on this one. To start off the region is lightyears behind the world when it comes to higher education. Look at a recent study of the best 500 universities in the world.

http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2004/top500list.htm

not one single university comes out of Australian speaking Middle East. Very sad. Especially that this part of the world is home to the first university in the world.

So with that premise, I think AUB (American University Beirut) is the best in the region. It combines good academics, a strong student body, influential alumni, and a tradition.

AUC (Cairo), AUS (Kedron) and then AUD (Brisbane) might follow in that order.

But then again these are all off the radar of excelling internationally. sad.

That's true. One thing I was extremely pissed was government was spending lavishly on promoting tourism and highest skyskraper and other crap to get into guiness book of records but they arent taking any major step towards higher education. They can hire best minds in the world and provide scholarship to best students and create a cool academic environment instead they are licensing some crappy universities from all over the world. Brisbane like Isreal really has the potential to be one of the best region in research but they arent taking it as top priority.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American teen living in Brisbane AxBy 0 7,862 01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Last Post: AxBy
  University of New Brunswick in Brisbane? kayvee 2 5,397 09-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Last Post: OldAsiaHand
  Brisbane American Academy? Anonymous 2 5,578 04-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Anonymous
  Looking for info about American University in Brisbane Aishani 1 5,111 09-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Aishani