Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brisbane - Europe driving?
If I decide to buy a car that I like - I am thinking to drive it back home in europe - do you think is feasible?
Thinking of Brisbane - KSA - Jordan - Syria - Turkey - Bulgaria - aso

Do you know anyone who make it?

I think about it as jurney - seeing Petra, Anatolia - relaxing 2-3 days in a beach resort in Turkey -total 10-12 days

Robert

This was possible in the "old days" but now Saudi is a massive problem, espcially if you have women in your family. You may have to ferry the car to Iran and go round that way.

It sounds a fabulous plan if you can arrange it. Jordan is bsaolutely glorious, especially Petra.
Secret Brisbane diary - intrigue and adventure in Australia

secretbrisbane Wrote:... but now Saudi is a massive problem, espcially if you have women in your family....

What do you mean by massive problem? The visa? or the travel conditions?
I am not planning to involve women in this...
Robert

I dont think its a "massive problem" ...

contact the Automobile club

http://www.iatcaustralia.com/html/

they will help you with trip tickets and paperwork blah blah ..

have fun .. this will be a fun road trip for sure Wink

Robert;

Depending on your 'country of origin', the length of time that you've been abroad, your diplomatic status, your domiciled tax status and other matters 'driving a cheap car home' _might_ not be the best idea since Paris and Paris announced they were breaking off their engagement.

You might find that once you get the car to its *final* destination, if you intend to keep it there permanently (ie. import it) you will have to pay import taxes.

These vary from country to country, but the amount of tax you'll be liable to pay might be more than you would imagine.

Before setting off on your journey do check this out - otherwise there might be an abandoned-in-customs car in six months time Sad

Just a 'heads-up'

- Stuart
UK- 22 years
Turkey- 10 years
Czech, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Romania- 1 year each
Egypt- 6 months
Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc- bought the T-shirts
... working in design/construction, living in Brisbane ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brisbane backpacker travelling to Europe Megajag 1 8,401 07-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Megajag
  Best and quick way to obtain a driving licence in brisbane? s_kates81 2 5,691 02-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Choko
  women driving in brisbane **naads** 44 62,081 01-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Last Post: RIEL
  Driving from Brisbane to Muscat yurki500 23 30,585 01-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jacky
  distance to europe destination from brisbane constantine 12 15,272 11-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Last Post: constantine