Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Germany
Hello there,

after already having placed a few questions on this board, I'd like to introduce myself.
I am a 25 year old German and I will move to Brisbane with my girl-friend (and future wife) to Brisbane end of the month.
I will be working as an air traffic control officer and my girl-friend has a job at the Hyatt Regency hotel.
I would be happy if some people - especially other Germans that live in Brisbane - would drop me a few lines :-)

Cheers,
Benjamin

hay man, congrats.
I'll be moving to brisbane too after a month or so as i'm finishing my documents here (Egypt).
I would like to ask you about the legal papers you do as german to be able to work in Brisbane.
I'll be moving to Brisbane as a german citizen and don't know what i need to do, are there any permits required from german, any taxes i should be paying?

Thank you, hope you enjoy it there, hope that for me too Smile

yshimy Wrote:hay man, congrats.
I'll be moving to brisbane too after a month or so as i'm finishing my documents here (Egypt).
I would like to ask you about the legal papers you do as german to be able to work in Brisbane.
I'll be moving to Brisbane as a german citizen and don't know what i need to do, are there any permits required from german, any taxes i should be paying?

Thank you, hope you enjoy it there, hope that for me too Smile

Hi! :-)

Thanks for your congrats!
You don't have to pay any taxes in Germany if you don't live or work in Germany, so don't worry about that!
Regarding permits... your employer (normally your sponsor) will tell you which documents you need. You need lots of passport-photographs (about 20) and all educational / previous work certificates.

Cheers,
Benjamin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fresh Grad and DJ from Germany says Hi drkucho 2 5,197 02-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Last Post: jacky
  Hello from economically sinking Germany (Munich) Steele 9 15,296 08-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Last Post: danial