Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs & Life
Hello to all of you out there in the heat.

I am thinking of moving to Brisbane in January as I fancy a challenging change 8) (I am currently living in London)

I was wondering if any of you could give me some advise on housing (costs, love to live on my own - is it possible? It's so NOT in London) and jobs. Do you know some good agencies, newspapers, friends, bosses etc that could help me finding work? I am currently working for a Print and Design Agency looking after the German market and would like to continue working within the media industry in Brisbane.

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences, it is highly appreciated. I'll also be over for a week (that will be my Brisbane study trip) from 30/10 - 05/11/05 to discover the crazy town. Is there a good Bar/Pub with good beer and good people that could tell me more??

Cheers my friends.
Bella

Hey Bella
Well I guess u have already experienced Brisbane by now, and found all the good boozers.......
Try this site http://www.expatsdirect.com/ed/index.cfm for employement in Brisbane, as its always better to get an Expat Package before u come, that way the company pays all the Bills

Rent are well expensive right now, look to be paying around 12,000 pounds a year for a furnished 1 bed flat, maybe more

hope this helps

Chris

Hi Bella,

I am also planning in moving to Brisbane in january, to find out the way of living there Smile How was your week there?

Just wondering, have u already found a place and a job? And if so, tips please Wink Thanks! Smile