Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nissan vs toyota
hello all,
I'm sick of renting and need to buy a small-ish car. I'm considering a nissan tiida or a toyota corolla and would appreciate feedback from people who know a bit more about cars than me! I'm tossing up between new/used (I know the nissan tiida is probably only available new - but that's what I've been driving round as a hire car since arriving 6 weeks ago). A key decider will be parts - are both fine for getting replacement parts? Any help much appreciated... and if you have other suggestions 1.6l - 2.0l) I should consider, I'd be grateful Smile

thx
nellie

Go for the Corolla... Genuine Toyota reliability...

Well, I have to admit, I can vouch for Nissan.

Both will have a really good re-sale value in Brisbane. They are both a "good choice" for most of the population here in Brisbane. :lol:

Your best bet is to go into both dealerships and see what they have to offer you. I would not discount the Chev car. they offer some very good service/maintenance periods, free of charge too.
294bhp of sheer V6 Jap pleasure.

I drive a Chev and I am very happy with it.

Neither, i'd go for Mazda 3, good look, good quality, good resale and resonable service cost.

Currently i'm renting a Mazda 6 and amazed by its quality.

Toyota is the most resonable choice, but for me, it is too common.

cheers

Thanks for the feedback Smile ... I'll go out and look at chevys (not familiar with them as they're not available back home). And while I'd love a mazda... they're just that little bit more expensive... and I'm trying not to get too much in debt!

thx
nellie

nellie Wrote:Thanks for the feedback Smile ... I'll go out and look at chevys (not familiar with them as they're not available back home). And while I'd love a mazda... they're just that little bit more expensive... and I'm trying not to get too much in debt!

thx
nellie

Chevrolet Optra LT. Look at that. The LS is too basic...

thanks Brisbane! Will look at this model Smile
Nellie

nellie Wrote:thanks Brisbane! Will look at this model Smile
Nellie

Welcome. Smile

hey guyz
corolla is too common but itz got 145 bhp under itz hood...very nice response... (AUD 56000)
tiida's sedan suckz.... hatchback is lil better... got similar looks of 307...it comes with118 bhp (AUD 51500)
mazda 3... if u r lookin for style de go 4 it.... superb interior... and sporty exterior... (AUD 51500 - s grade, AUD 54500 - V grade)

Nellie, some models of Chevs are rebadged Aussie Holdens!! No kidding!! :lol: BTW if you are thinking of spending the amount above on a new car why don't you consider a second hand 4wd?

Oh, dear, this is all becoming so confusing! :? I'd love to buy a 4WD as it gets me higher to see around me in the traffic... but I want to be sure I have reliability as I have to drive quite a distance each day... and so if I'm looking at a more recent model vehicle... I haven't seen any 4WDs very cheap... at the same time, I'm thinking of going for a second hand smaller car and so that also limits me. Ideally I want a car driven by one person (preferably expat woman driver?) with a full service history. Am renewing my rental on a week by week basis and so now feel perhaps I can go and do some driving (including 4WDs I think)... so off to the automall sometime next week to do some serious investigation (thanks for the costs of the new cars).
cheers and thanks
Nellie
ps being Australian I do find that funny about the Chev... I used to drive a Ford and it had a Mazda engine... will definitely investigate the chevys further as well

Quote:(preferably expat woman driver?)

Can't wait for the replies to that comment!! :lol: :lol:

In my opinion I'd go for a second hand 4wd so, like you said, you have a better view in traffic, but also you can go to the beach and drive on the sand. Also with road work etc you can quite often have to drive over a curb (eg, Mercato...when will it end???) just to get to the car park to park. Sometimes you end up parking in some sandy vacant lot too. In the long run if you want to get out and about a 4wd is probably your best bet. Cheers!!

RIEL

Does this mean hubby aint gettin his tank back?
:lol: :lol:

Actually, I'm keeping it! :lol: :lol: It's nice to drive and has a fearsome horn....plus it has reversing sonar (a prereq. for all woman drivers so they can apply makeup and reverse at the same time....besides his mirrors have lights so you can see how your makeup will look inside!! :lol: :lol: :lol: -Americans they think of everything!!-warm seats, cup holders and makeup mirrors!! ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

RIEL,

Does Mr RIEL know of your intentions ??

:lol: