Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VALENTINE'S DAY CURSE???
Hiya everyone, I know what I'm about to say here may sound too weird to be true or like something out of the twilight zone but I swear that what I'm about to tell you all is the truth.

Just earlier today I broke up with this girl that I have been seeing for the last few weeks in Brisbane. She's a really nice girl but she's got serious problems with the booze and too much emotional baggage. I really like her and I tried to help her out but she just needs time to figure things out. I was really looking forward to spending Valentine's day together and then this happens. But to be honest, I was kinda expecting it! I have never been with a girlfriend on Valentine's day even though I've had several ex girlfriends. I always thought I was cursed on valentine's day because I was always alone on the 14th of Feb, but four years ago things took a turn for the worse.

For the last four years something really bad has happened to me between 11th - 14th February. It started four years ago, on February 13th when my younger brother broke his back in a board diving accident back in the UK. He was in a wheel chair for only 1 year, he was a really lucky chappy because the doctors only gave him a 5% chance of ever walking again. Then, the following year on February 11th my girlfriend Sophie whom I've been with for 3 yrs receives the news that her mom had skin cancer and was terminally ill, we both were devastated because her mum marie was such an amazing and happy person, and she didn't deserve such a cruel fate. Two years ago, whilst on a visit back home in france to check up on her ailing mother, my girlfriend Sophie passed away in a car accident on the 14th of February. I was bsaolutely devastated, I was depressed, suicidal, I lost so much weight, and I didn't speak to anyone for months including my family and best friends.

Finally, last year in February, after getting over the death of my girlfriend I decided to go on a long planned trip to Tanzania (something that we both wanted to do). I had originally planned to stay there for 4 weeks with an old university friend of mine, but during the second week (February 14th) I contracted Malaria and I fell seriously ill, and it was probably only thanks to my friend's very competent and cheerful doctor that I survived.

Now I don't know if it's all just a lamentable coincidence. Even though I'm not a superstitious kind of guy, this time of year is really starting to give me the creeps. I think I'm just going to stay indoors until the 15th, or I might get hit by a crashing meteorite if I step outside. Being single is the last of my concerns at the moment!
"I finally found a job where I'm not lazy, stupid or corrupt; and now I'm going to be killed for it." - Homer Simpson

"The quality of an individual is reflected in the standards they set for themselves" -Ray Kroc

Dude thats rough and I feel bad for you...

I personally hate Valentine's Day but for other reasons... ie, cash grab.

Cheer up dude and have faith in yourself and God and everything will work out for the better Smile

Brisbane Wrote:Dude thats rough and I feel bad for you...

Cheer up dude and have faith in yourself and God and everything will work out for the better Smile

Last of the big spenders pmsl, i bet Brisbane buys the stuff a week after when its on sale, Brisbane decrees V.D is is Feb 21st.

:lol: :lol:

hey man...feel really sry for tht guy..

anyhow...i have been happy for da last 4yrs without any gf...they really pinch ur wallet...: Big Grin

anyhow...best of luck to ya

Thanks for for your votes of sympathy guys. I suppose I am a bit sad because I broke up with that girl, but, I suppose if I compare it to the last few years, things could be A LOT WORSE!! Anyway, so far so good, I wouldn't say that I've finally got rid of the JINKS for another few days at least. Fingers crossed Confusedhock:
"I finally found a job where I'm not lazy, stupid or corrupt; and now I'm going to be killed for it." - Homer Simpson

"The quality of an individual is reflected in the standards they set for themselves" -Ray Kroc

gangster Wrote:
Brisbane Wrote:Dude thats rough and I feel bad for you...

Last of the big spenders pmsl, i bet Brisbane buys the stuff a week after when its on sale, Brisbane decrees V.D is is Feb 21st.

:lol: :lol:

I am not cheap like you....

For me everyday is Valentine's Day... For those who know me, they know how I am... 'Nuff said on this matter to the likes of you.

tough luck dude!! its like your on a february edition of the twilight zone!
"Darkness is d bsaence of Light and Light is d bsaence of Darkness"

Tough luck mate,

There are things which one cant explain at times, and this is one of it.

hope all stays well for ya,

Cheers,

Jerry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whatcha gonna do on Valentine? Snype 14 33,776 02-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Last Post: sa4877