Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving to Brisbane from London in two weeks...
Hey all out there,

I have just accepted a new job in Brisbane and looking for advice/tips/new friends(!). I am starting a new job in the Agnes and was wondering about the social life out there? Also, unusually for a chick, I am a massive football fan - am I being stupid by asking whether you get any Premier League games out there?

Thanks all bx
It's a game of two halves

don't worry men outnumber women in the 25-40 category by 4 to 1 you'll make lots of friends Wink also many pubs show a bit of footie including the Premier League.

Which is your team?

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

jacky really ? I dunno why i always feel like there are more women than men , like when you go out and stuff ..

but it might be that i am just on the lookout for them Tongue .. plus my buisness trips to saudi might be messing me up haha

thanks for the message guys - my team is Arsenal jacky - will you still be my friend?!

welcome aboard,

cheers,

jerry

airyfairy Wrote:thanks for the message guys - my team is Arsenal jacky - will you still be my friend?!

hahahaha NO, :lol: Tongue :lol:

When you are down this way drop me a note and I'll introduce you to some like minded individuals, i know a few Arsenal fans.

Yeah, jacky likes hockey, none of this crappy football :wink:

Fraad Wrote:jacky really ? I dunno why i always feel like there are more women than men , like when you go out and stuff ..
Yeah I read that in one of the papers a while back but it does factor in all the laborers and excludes all the women who are on "visit" visas. So on a regular night out the ratio is a lot better.

Having said that though I gots to hang out with you, I like your vision.

kelliy Wrote:Yeah, jacky likes hockey, none of this crappy football :wink:
both great games,

So guys, tell me about the social scene. I have seen from the other posts that there is a "lively" social scene - but there also seems to be alot of people that are finding it hard to meet people. I'm coming out a few days before I start work and was hoping to go out somewhere to hang out (!!) and meet people - any recommendations?

Also, is this the right place to find out about yoga and pilates in Brisbane?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey I'm Mike from NZ moving to Brisbane PassOutMike 1 7,243 08-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Last Post: PassOutMike
  Hello! Moving from Spain to Brisbane... new days, new life. ton77 8 12,485 02-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Defo
  Canadian thinking on moving to Brisbane (yes another, I know Duam 11 15,242 02-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Last Post: hashman
  Moving to Brisbane from Marbella !!! Brisbanegal 9 16,726 01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Last Post: aduberdu
  English Girl moving to Brisbane! bubble 8 12,821 06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Last Post: yurki500