Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wats up all...?
Hi ya,

I am new to this site, up late and surfing when i found this cool site Smile Also quite new to brisbane too...so any suggestions on things to do/places to see would be appreciated :wink: Hope to chat with ya all very soon-ish.
Cheers, luvley

Hi luvley
Up surfing sounds great :roll: I'm Moving to Brisbane very soon and looking forward to having a go at surfing. You say your new to brisbane where have you come from?

Storming
One Life Live it

I have been in brisbane for about 5 months now, and still consider myself new to the area. Im originally from NZ, so its fairly close to OZ.
When do you arrive in Brisbane? And where are you coming from? Are you here to live?
Well, let me be the first to say Welcome to QLD! Big Grin

Luvley

Me, the wife and our son Are Looking at coming the first week in august just waiting for house sale to finish, Then we will book our flights. 8)

We are coming from Bradford, England. My wife has live in oz for a year back in 1997 and spent most of her time in sydney were i have never been to oz before and we both have never been to sunny Brisbane before so it will be a new to us both. Tongue

I'm looking forward to coming but are worried about jobs finding nice areas to live etc. Confusedhock:

So why did you move from NZ and why Brisbane? and are you settle in now? Do you have kids if so how are the schools?

Storming
One Life Live it

Wow...thats a big move for you all, but im sure you will all settle in just fine!! QLD has beautiful weather most days, and its definitley the sunniest place ive lived in (not so much at the moment, its abit overcast)! It will be a different outlook in comparison to England.

What type of work would you like to do when you get here? Jobs are plentiful, but it tends to be a long process!! Check these sites out www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au those are the major job searches or you could post and advert on www.gumtree.com.au for free!

What kind of area do you want to live in? I live in New Farm, which is very close to city. Places within 5km of CBD tends to be very expensive as in most cities of the world! If you want to live close to city these are the closest places...Fortitude Valley, Newstead, Breakfast Creek, Spring Hill, And over the bridge...Kangaroo Point, East Brisbane, Hawthorne, Bulimba accessible by City Kat via brisbane river as well. South Brisbane, West End, Paddington trendy cafe like style areas etc.

Further out....Cleveland, Victoria Point is by the Bayside and its a nice area for kids etc! Look at www.homehound.com.au or www.realestate.com.au or www.domain.com.au those are major house searches. Or there are loads of realestate agents such as www.raywhite.com.au or www.professionals.com.au for more try google search!

I moved to Brisbane to be with my BF, we had been living apart for over two years. So i made the leap of faith and am still here!!! Smile I have settled in but miss my family/friends back home very much. Its very similar if not the same way of life here as back home, so it wasnt a culture shock or anything as such! Just trying to get over missing home comforts mostly...

We dont have any kids, so im not sure what would be suitable in the means of schooling. But my BF grew up in Redcliffe and went to school in that area. Its by the Bayside as well, only about 20 mins drive from CBD!!

Anyhow, hope this helps you out alittle bit. Let me know if you need anymore info. You can email me if you like?? I will give you my email add if only if you want more help etc.....

Ok, talk to you soon Smile