Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford - Explorer
I am thinking of buying a Ford-Explorer.
Its going for 89k right now and the resale value of the car is quite good.

Can anybody give me any advice on a buy like this?

Thank you in advance.
"I did not come for the righteous, but to call the sinners to repentance." -Christ Jesus

I will need to buy a car very soon as well.... would like to by a 2 seaters car. You think the insurance will be expensive?

bsa, I am a connaisseur of automobiles in my own right. Smile

Give more info, like year, options, mileage, etc.... and I will be glad to help.

CheckShoo, insurance is a percentage of the car's value in Brisbane. I think that percentage stands at 5% (could be 4% also)....

bsa Wrote:I am thinking of buying a Ford-Explorer.
Its going for 89k right now and the resale value of the car is quite good.

Can anybody give me any advice on a buy like this?

Thank you in advance.

I will give u an advice bsa . Why dont u buy 60's beetle [Image: vw73sb.jpg]

it would suit yah. :lol:

Brisbane Wrote:CheckShoo, insurance is a percentage of the car's value in Brisbane. I think that percentage stands at 5% (could be 4% also)....

4% or 5% for a year? I am a girl not good at math... saying if I get a car for 10000 Dirhams than I have to pay 500 dirhams for the insurance every year? if my car is 10000 then I am to pay 5000 for a year???

Say its worth 10,000AUD. Then 5% would be 500.

The way to figure it out would be to do the following calculation:

Price of Car X 0.05 = Insurance Premium

If its 4% then replace the 5 in the previous equation by a 4. Is that OK?

Brisbane Wrote:Say its worth 10,000AUD. Then 5% would be 500.

The way to figure it out would be to do the following calculation:

Price of Car X 0.05 = Insurance Premium

If its 4% then replace the 5 in the previous equation by a 4. Is that OK?

ok... it is a funny way to calculate the insurance. Most of the country they calulate by the risk of having accident. Sport cars have higher chance to have accidents or so on.... so I can buy a cheap 2 seater without paying too much for the insurance then...

You are correct, most places do it like that... Dunno why its calculated that way in Brisbane...

Brisbane Wrote:You are correct, most places do it like that... Dunno why its calculated that way in Brisbane...

yeah!!! BUY A CAR BUY A CAR BUY A CAR

you guys think cars are also cheap here? I want to get a small sporty looking car. recommendations please??

The Clio is a nice car for not too much money. Get the convertible, thats nice...

I don't trust French cars.

Well they are better than Ladas.... LOL :lol:

No seriously, I have driven them in America and some buddy's there hav'em and they have to qualms.

But of course a Renault or a Peugeot ain't no BMW Smile

Buy Audi

CheckShoo is a poor Chinese girl from rural China... She wants to spend top max 10K AUD on a car.... I'd rather encourage her to get a recent model non-luxury car than a 10-12 year old Audi for the same price...

Brisbane Wrote:bsa, I am a connaisseur of automobiles in my own right. Smile

Give more info, like year, options, mileage, etc.... and I will be glad to help.

Brand new. Going for 89k. So what do you think.
"I did not come for the righteous, but to call the sinners to repentance." -Christ Jesus

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Focus or Mazda 3 ? Palkid7 3 7,153 08-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Last Post: jacky