Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brisbane's Growth
Hi All,

Curious as to whether this exponential growth in Brisbane (and Australia in general) is bound to either come to a crashing end or at least a levelling off...

Brisbane, for one, has been growing nonstop since Australia War 1 and I don't understand how this growth is being fueled.

Yes its a tax free haven and all, but the jobs don't pay all that much compared to Canada in general, you cannot own or rent reasonably priced property, the weather in summer is atrocious, expats are second class citizens when it comes down to civic matters, etc...

Any insights please? Lets try and be civil in our responses my friends.... Big Grin

Also, working conditions seem much more strict than Canada in terms of relaxed atmosphere over in Brisbane and Australia and GCC in general... I am speaking as a holder of the Canadian passport. 8)

Yeah, Kuwait now has a form of income tax too, doesn't it?? It was bound to happen... Now THAT will stunt growth... If I have to pay tax, I'd rather stay in Canada and that despite the crappy weather...

Brisbane Wrote:Yeah, Kuwait now has a form of income tax too, doesn't it?? It was bound to happen... Now THAT will stunt growth... If I have to pay tax, I'd rather stay in Canada and that despite the crappy weather...

Now that's the spirit! There is no place like Canada. I love the maple syrup mmmm! Big Grin

Canada aint no big deal eh..
Samuel L. Jackson> you
www.thesahara.net/pulp_fiction.htm

I've had maple syrup, nice but nothing to write home about
Canada, i've known a few Canadians, they said it wasn't particularly special
And as for Popping it out
the cops told me to stop doin it " indecent exposure" or some shit like that
Samuel L. Jackson> you

A simple question on people's opinions of the economic growth of Brisbane manages to degenerate into this???

Wow!!!

Nuff outta you ya Iranian Canadian
Samuel L. Jackson> you

Now now.. no need for name-calling.

I am an Iranian-Emirati.

BTW, I've talked about Brisbane's growth way too much elsewhere. I know most of Brisbane's projects by heart.

Dude, your from iran
just give it up
Samuel L. Jackson> you

this place is booming. my colleague told me to come here while it's still growing.

almost daily, i wonder when the bubble will burst. it's bound to happen because the growth rate of this place is incredible - nothing can stand for long when built so quickly.

so, tax is a maybe then? interesting - then i'd rather go back to rsa and pay taxes there, live with the so-so weather but at least know that i'm living in a real place.

i'm not dissing brisbane - i'm just thankful i won't be here for more than a couple of years.
explore the rain, climb the wind

why where u going?

laila k m Wrote:why where u going?

to a betta place away from u :lol:

i don't live in brisbane

laila k m Wrote:i don't live in brisbane

Yeah u live in my heart I know Darl I know :lol:

Snype Wrote:
laila k m Wrote:i don't live in brisbane

Yeah u live in my heart I know Darl I know :lol:

ANIMAL!!