Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi There!
Hello all,

I'm currently looking out of my office window looking at a queue of commuters battling through the dreary drizzle that is your average British, autumnal early evening Sad . It's just got dark (4:45pm) and it's going to get colder and wetter and more miserable by the day Sad Sad . I'm a happy soul though Big Grin . I tend to look at the brighter side of life... Glass half full and all that... Oh, and did I mention that I've been offered a plum job in Brisbane starting in January 2004? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eversosorry, must have slipped my mind. :oops:

The forum looks great and will become a source of answers for all the little questions that I will forget to ask at the time.

I'm early thirties. Into all sports - football, skiing and motorsports especially. I noticed that there are some climbing walls somewhere - That would be good too. Golf as well but I'm pants! Confusedhock:

Big music fan - Used to play guitar professionally, now just for fun and to annoy the neighbours.

I'm really looking forward to arriving in Brisbane. I have been told so much by some good people.

See you soon,

James.
On my way to D U B A I - Woo Hoo!

Hi Asterix!
Welcome to Brisbane Forums! Smile

I think you will find Brisbane a very pleasant place. Especially during the winter, and if you get a decent sallary. Wink

Climbing wall here is great!
I'm using it every weekend.

I don't know about skiing though... may be sand skiing!!! Smile
Anyway you can roller skate here all the time - there are similarities. Wink

Hi Lion,

Thanks for that.

Hopefully my salary will allow me to have a nice skiing holiday in Europe anyway.

I bought a great book today - Brisbane Explorer - Loads of great info about the living districts, what to expect. Really informative.

I'm getting very excited now - Roll on January.

J
On my way to D U B A I - Woo Hoo!